If you are looking for the best extended wear contact lenses, there are several factors used to figure out if they are the optimal fit for the patient.
Extended wear contact lenses are popular with people who like the convenience of not having to insert and remove their contact lenses on a daily basis. Less washing. More convenience.
Extended wear lenses–sometimes called continuous wear lenses–can be worn for multiple days without removing them. Some extended wear lenses can only be worn for 7 days, while others can be worn for up to 30 days of continuous use!
You’ll want to make sure your eye doctor evaluates you for extended wear to make sure that you are a good candidate for them. Remember that no contact lens will be the perfect match for everyone, so you’ll always want to stop wearing contacts and let your eye care provider know if you experience any discomfort or visual problems.
The Best Extended Wear Contact Lenses in 2021
- These lenses have the highest oxygen transmission of the soft contact lenses on the market and are therefore the most popular overnight contact lenses.
- Shop for Air Optix Night and Day Now
- These lenses are a lot older and less breathable than the Air Optix Night and Day lenses, but they are the only other lens approved for 30 days of continuous wear.
- Shop for Purevision2 Now
- These lenses are approved for 6 nights of continuous wear, so they can only be guaranteed to be safe during this period of time.
- Shop Biofinity Now
- Like the Biofinity lenses, these lenses are approved for 6 days of continuous wear, so they can only be guaranteed to be safe during this period of time.
- Shop Air Optix Aqua Now
- Like the Biofinity and Air Optix Aqua lenses, these lenses are approved for 7 days of continuous wear, so they can only be guaranteed to be safe during this period of time.
- Shop Acuvue Oasys Now
Camilo is the founder of Contacts Compare and is a contact lens enthusiast who has been buying, shopping, and comparing contact lenses for over 12 years. He started Contacts Compare because it was nearly impossible to compare prices quickly to make sure he was getting the best price possible. He holds degrees from Harvard University and the University of Pennsylvania. His favorite contact lens is Acuvue Oasys 1-Day with Hydraluxe.